Managing employees on Parent dashboard
You can also set up employee roster automation through SFTP for all your organizations in one shot through Uber for business parent dashboard.
¶ How it works?
You need to begin by setting up an SFTP account for your parent dashboard by going to Integrations. Click on the Profile icon for Integrations tab.
To begin with, you will need to follow similar steps as SFTP data automation setup to create an SFTP account on Uber for business for your parent dashboard by providing RSA public keys, email contacts and IP addresses.
Once completed, you will need to move to the next step by selecting a category based on which you have currently segregated your organizations. Your child organizations could have been created based on Department, Cost center, Location, Name or some other unique identifier. Note that whichever category you are selecting here, you need to ensure there is a corresponding column with the exact same header in your roster file that you will be sending to the SFTP folder. For example if you have chosen Location as the category, you need to have an additional column in your roster file with header as “Location” which will be used to identify employees for each of your organization.
Once you have selected the category, the next step would be to provide values for each of your organizations. For example if you have selected a category as location, you need to put the corresponding location values (eg: country name, city name etc.) for each of your organization. Note that the values being configured for each organization should be unique.
Once you have completed the 4th step, the setup for managing employees at parent level is now complete.The state of the SFTP set up will change to ‘Enabled’ and it will also display the number of linked child orgs with active SFTP set up for roster sync.
To sync your employee roster list, you need to follow the exact same steps as covered in the managing employees section. Upload a formatted CSV file to one of the to_uber/employees, to_uber/employees/add, or to_uber/employees/remove directory in SFTP. Changes will be reflected in the Uber for Business dashboard within the hour. Note: We highly recommend you test your file in the
test_to_uber/employees/removefolder first, before making your corresponding permanent changes.
1) Add New Employees: If you put your csv file in
- All the employees in the file will be added to the organization and be sent an invite email to become active
2) Remove Existing Employees: If you put your csv file in
- All the employees that exist in the file will be removed from the organization
3) Replace Employees: If you put your csv file in
- New employees will be added and be sent an invite email
- Existing employees will be updated
- Employees not on the list will be removed
The file should only contain active employees that have access to Uber for Business. All new employees added will immediately receive an invite email to join the account upon file processing. All new reviewers will receive an invite email alerting them that they have been added as a reviewer, and will begin to receive a weekly report of all trips taken by the employee listed.
The file should be in the below format:
Encoding: UTF-8 Header Row: None Delimiter: Comma Columns: First Name, Last Name, Email, Employee ID (Optional), Group (Optional), Reviewer (Optional), Mobile Country Code (optional), Mobile Number (optional), <Category>
- If “Group” is not provided for an employee, new employees will be added to your default group and existing employees will remain in their current group.
- If “Mobile Number” is provided but not “Mobile Country Code”, then the country code will be set from the organization country.
- Category names can be any of the five here - Department, Cost center, Location, Name or Custom identifier
¶ Sample CSV
This is an example of roster file where category was selected as location and the unique identifier for your each of your organization is country.
Jane,Johnson,firstname.lastname@example.org,3,Group1,, +1, 2025550101, Unites States
Tom,Williams,email@example.com,4,Group2,firstname.lastname@example.org,, 2025550102, Singapore
Joe,Rodriguez,email@example.com,8,,firstname.lastname@example.org, +91, 9000555123
Note that for this parent dashboard setup,if you have not provided any category value against an employee in the roster file, we will not be able to process the roster automation for that employee and they will be skipped. This is because we would require category value to identify which organization under the parent dashboard does this person need to get added to.
¶ Test Upload
test_to_uber/employees/remove directories first to verify that no errors are returned from the file uploaded. If your file is successful, you will receive a confirmation with the number of rows processed.
¶ Anomaly Detection
To ensure no mistakes are made, throttling will be used to check for large changes to the employee file. If an uploaded CSV will remove over 20% of your employee list within an organization, and the organization has more than 100 employees, then a mail will be sent to confirm the processing of the file. You will also be able to see this alert in the Integration settings section within the dashboard. One needs to approve processing of the file and then re-upload the file.
1. Who can set up roster automation at parent level? Only parent Admins can setup SFTP roster at parent level.
2. How to enable SFTP for the parent organization? - In the parent dashboard navigate to the profile section on top right > Integrations. - Complete the SFTP form. - Select a category for grouping organizations as shown below- Country, department, cost center, name or other custom identifier. You only have to choose one criteria. - Based on the chosen criteria, fill in the child organization details. - You can also bulk upload child organization details. - Once all the details are saved, SFTP sync is successful.
3. How to edit SFTP settings? - Navigate to the profile section on top right > Integrations. - The SFTP integration will appear with the edit settings option. Click on ‘edit settings’. - ‘Configure SFTP’ option on left navigation allows you to make changes to SFTP. - Second tab, ‘Child org settings’ allows updating details related to child organizations.
4. How to pause SFTP settings? - Navigate to the profile section on top right > Integrations. - The SFTP integration will appear with the edit settings option. Click on ‘edit settings’. - On the ‘Configure SFTP’ tab the pause SFTP button at the end allows you to pause SFTP.
5. How to enable SFTP for only certain child organizations in our parent org? You can enable SFTP for only certain child orgs in your parent organization by filling in the details of only selected orgs in the SFTP form. - In the parent dashboard navigate to the profile section on top right > Integrations. - Complete the SFTP form. - Select a category for grouping organizations as shown below- Country, department, cost center, name or other custom identifier. You only have to choose one criteria. - Based on the chosen criteria, fill in the child organization details for only those orgs you want to enable SFTP. - You can also bulk upload child organization details. - Once all the details are saved, SFTP sync is successful.
6. How to reactivate SFTP at parent level once paused? - Navigate to the profile section on top right > Integrations. - The SFTP integration will appear with the edit settings option. Click on ‘edit settings’. - On the ‘Configure SFTP’ tab the reactivate button will appear on top, click on reactivate button to restart SFTP sync.
7. Can one employee be part of multiple groups within the same child dashboard? Yes. Multiple group names can be added with comma separation in the Group column against the employee name in the roster file.
8. Can one employee be part of multiple child dashboards? Yes. Separate row entries need to be created in the roster file for the employee to be added as part of multiple organisations.
9. How is employee deletion anomaly handled for SFTP roster sync at parent level? Deletion threshold: - DeleteRatio := ToDeleteCount / TotalCount - DeleteThresholdPercentage = 20% - DeleteThresholdOrganizationMinSize = 100 employees Is over threshold if: DeleteRatio > DeleteThresholdPercentage AND TotalCount > DeleteThresholdOrganizationMinSize For a file that needs to delete employees over the threshold the user needs to: - Upload the file, the organization will be “marked” as delete pending, this will send an email to confirm the deletion. - Confirm deletion in dashboard by selecting APPROVE DELETION the organization will be marked as deletion approved. - User needs to upload the file one last time, the approved tag will allow the system to process the file.
10. Once SFTP is enabled at parent level, how will SFTP integration tab show up in the child dashboard? For all child orgs with active SFTP sync from parent dashboard (meaning there is an Org ID against the child org in the SFTP form)- the SFTP card on Integrations tab in the child dashboard would be in ‘enabled’ and ‘read-only’ state.